Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Baptism

This weekend, I was baptized at St. Matthew's Cathedral in Washington, D.C. There were four other babies being baptized too, but everyone in the church is going to remember me. Why? Because I screamed the entire time. I've never cried so long or so hard in my whole, six-month-long life!
 
It was very hot in the church, and I hate being hot...so I let everyone know. They baptized all the babies in alphabetical order, so I went first. Mom and Dad thought that was great since they could make a quick exit from the church and cool me off... but, no. Going first meant we got to stand on the altar while all the other babies got baptized - which meant the whole church got to watch me scream while Mom and Dad, and my Godparents Aunt Diane and Uncle Jeff, tried everything to make it stop!
 
There was some humor in the day - Mr. Joey suggested that maybe I'm Jewish - ha! Maybe...
 





No comments:

Post a Comment